Peace, Love & Pat was kind enough to let me use her idea. Basically, I have more books than I have room for in my house. I donate the older ones to the library after I've read them. I thought you guys might like to borrow the newer ones. Since the books I'll be touring are going to be ones that I don't love enough to keep, I'll be throwing in a giveaway too. Let's see if I can outline this easily.
- I'll post a book I'm willing to lend out
- You'll sign up through a Google doc on the post
- I'll post the list of borrowers and try to get everyone in some kind of order that should save on shipping time.
- I'll ship it out to the first person on the list.
- That person will have one week to read the book (exceptions will be made for books longer than 400 pages)
- You post your review.
- Email me a link to your review and I'll send you the address for the next person on the list.
- Ship the book out to the next person
- The last person will be the one who won the giveaway, so you'll get to keep the book.
I know one week might not seem like much time, but I've seen other tours get really bogged down if the borrow time lasts longer than that. I'd like to keep this moving. We all do want to read the book!
In order to be eligible to borrow the book, you must have been blogging for at least two months or be able to link me to a review site where I can easily find 20+ reviews on your profile. I just want to feel confident that you will review the book and not just borrow it and disappear with it.
I'm going to limit each book to 7 borrowers. If more people enter, I'll use random.org to choose 7 participants.
If you don't want to enter for a giveaway, you can still sign up just to borrow the book.
If you don't have a blog, you can still borrow, I'll just ask you to post a review on GoodReads, LibraryThing, or the site of your choice.
Family members, I see you wondering if you can take part. Yes, you can borrow the book. No, you can't enter the giveaway. I don't want to be accused of nepotism! ;-)
I don't know how frequently I'll be doing this. If it takes up too much time, I might only do it once. So if you sign up, please try to follow the rules so that I don't have to email you and track the book down. Like you, I do have better things to do with my time. :-)
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or contact me through the contact link below my header, through my Blogger profile, or using the email button in my right sidebar.
Check out Peace Love & Pat's Borrow My Book Tour. She says her "collection ranges from PNR, YA, chick lit, urban fantasy, dystopia, horror, fantasy, metaphysics and contemporary fiction."