Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That's it. You can choose anything. Poetry? Yes. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.
I always like levels in my challenges, so here are mine:
Dilettante--Read 1 non-fiction book.
This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2011. You can sign up anytime throughout the year.
I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers. You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.
My Personal Progress: I'm shooting for the Master level. I'll track my progress right here.
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
- The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee
- Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman by Alice Steinbach
- Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi, translated by Stuart Woolf
- Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America by John M. Barry
- Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Lost City of Z by David Grann, read by Mark Deakins
- 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
- Travels With Charley: In Search of Americ by John Steinbeck
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson, read by the author
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris, read by the author
- Ballad of the Whiskey Robber: A True Story of Bank Heists, Ice Hockey, Transylvanian Pelt Smuggling, Moonlighting Detectives, and Broken Hearts by Julian Rubinstein
- The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop's, my local independent bookstore located in downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site.