I joined this challenge last year and did well enough that I'm signing up for it again. I can always use more encouragement to read the books I already own!
From Bookish Ardour: "This challenge is to read those books you own a copy of, print, digital, and audio, you have been meaning to read, but never gotten to. If you don’t own enough books for the challenge you can read your TBR list instead. And no, you do not need to get rid of your books afterwards, that’s completely your choice, this challenge is only to read them."
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2012, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2012 started!
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! The name of the game is to turn those unread books into read ones.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
I'm signing up at the "Trying" level--15 of my own books. I'll track my progress here.
- The Bookseller of Kabul by Åsne Seierstad, translated by Ingrid Christopherson
- Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
- I'll Be Watching You by Charles de Lint
- Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
- Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz and Kevin J. Anderson
- Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
- Cold Pursuit by T. Jefferson Parker
- The Exile of Sara Stevenson by Darci Hannah
- The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
- Letters From Home by Kristina McMorris
- The Gates by John Connolly