Rose City Reader is hosting the European Reading Challenge again this year and I'm signing up. I intend to do much better on my own Books in Translation Reading Challenge again this year, so that should help me with this challenge as well.
Rose City Reader says,
The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it's supposed to be a tour.I'm signing up at the Honeymooner level--4 European books. I'll track my progress here.
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (Latvia/Russia)
- The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig (France)
- From Notting Hill With Love...Actually by Ali McNamara (United Kingdom)
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway (Spain)
- The Oracle of Stamboul by Michael David Lukas, read by Mozhan Marno (Turkey)
- Mountainfit by Meera Lee Sethi (Sweden)
Edited December 30, 2013: Challenge complete! Just in time to start the 2014 edition...
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop's, my local independent bookstore located in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site.