I'm signing up for the Off the Shelf Reading Challenge hosted at Bookish Ardour again this year. I'm slowly making a dent in my stacks of unread books, although I'm sure my husband can't see my progress!
From Bookish Ardour:
About: The Off the Shelf Reading Challenge is probably the most popular challenge there is on BA. The goal? To read books on your shelves that have gone unread for far too long. Selecting books from the year before (in this case, 2012 and before), read as many of the unread ones as you can. It’s up to you if you want to keep them or give them away afterwards, the main goal is to turn those unread books into read ones.
The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2013, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2013 started.
Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
I'm signing up again at the "Trying" level--read 15 of my own books. I'll track my progress here.
- Songs of Love & Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
- Across the Nightingale Floor: The Sword of the Warrior by Lian Hearn
- Across the Nightingale Floor: Journey to Inuyama by Lian Hearn
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
- The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons
- Drawing Down the Moon: The Art of Charles Vess
- The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
- Heartless by Gail Carriger
- The Big Beautiful by Pamela Duncan
- The Small Hand by Susan Hill
- Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
- Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
- The Child Thief by Brom
- Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood by Ellen F. Brown and John Wiley Jr.
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- The Heroine's Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder by Erin Blakemore
Edited December 30, 2013: Challenge complete! Now I need a review challenge...
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop's, my local independent bookstore located in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site.