I'm signing up for the Off the Shelf Reading Challenge hosted at Bookish Ardour again this year.
From Bookish Ardour:
About: The Off the Shelf Reading Challenge is probably the most popular challenge there is on BA. The goal? To read books on your shelves that have gone unread for far too long. Selecting books from the year before (in this case, 2013 and before), read as many of the unread ones as you can. It’s up to you if you want to keep them or give them away afterwards, the main goal is to turn those unread books into read ones.I'm signing up again at the "Trying" level--read 15 of my own books. I'll track my progress here.
The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2014, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2014 started.
Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2014
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin
- How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines by Thomas C. Foster
- The Sunday Wife by Cassandra King
- The Lady in the Tower by Jean Plaidy
- Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride
- The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
- More Than You Know by Beth Gutcheon
- The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
- The Fugitive Wife by Peter C. Brown
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
- Birdman by Mo Hayder
- Jane by April Lindner
- The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant
- The Beastly Bride: Tales of the Animal People, edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
- Timeless by Gail Carriger
- Liar's Moon by Philip Kimball
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Good Harbor by Anita Diamant
- Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrlees
- The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter
- Walden; or, Life in the Woods by Henry David Thoreau
- Mutation by Robin Cook
- The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop's, my local independent bookstore located in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site. My opinions are completely my own.